Today's baking effort was wholemeal bread. I just used the recipe in my breadmaker's manual, but I used the dough cycle and baked it in a loaf tin. This is the first time I've made a "proper" loaf of bread.
The dough went into the loaf tin and then into the small side of my sink into which I had put an inch of hot water and an upturned plate.
And left it there for about 30-45 minutes. It ended up like this:
Woohoo! But I think the tea towel flattened out the dough a bit. Next time I might use less water and a plate with smaller sides so the loaf has more room to rise. Anyhoo...into the oven it went and 30 minutes later it looked like this:
On a Thermomix note, I spoke to my Sydney consultant today. She's lovely. Hopefully we shall see some action and a delivery this week. All my fingers and toes are crossed!