Dinner was a yummy and easy quiche. Recipe came from the Taste web site (it's one of my favourites!).
Spinach, Bacon & Parmesan Quiche
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 100 g rindless bacon, in short, thin strips
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup (185ml) cream
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ⅓ cup (30g) shredded parmesan
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups (300g) Ogran gluten-free plain flour
- 150 g butter, chilled, cubed
- 1 egg
1. For pastry, mix flour, butter and salt in a food processor until mixture forms crumbs. Process with egg and 1-2 tbs cold water. Knead until smooth. Refrigerate covered for 10 minutes.
2. Roll pastry out between 2 sheets of lightly floured non-stick baking paper and place in 25cm (base), 3cm deep fluted loose-bottomed flan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook 8-10 minutes or until soft. Drain on a paper towel. Microwave spinach on high for 1 minute or until wilts. Cool for 5 minutes. Squeeze out moisture. Chop.
4. Preheat oven to 190°C. Place a tray in the oven. Line pastry with baking paper. Cover base with rice. Bake on the hot tray for 10 minutes. Remove paper and rice. Spread over spinach, bacon and onion. Whisk eggs, cream and milk together. Pour over the filling. Sprinkle over the parmesan. Bake 30 minutes and serve with salad.