Apricot & Coconut Choc Cookies
- 150 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 200 g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 90 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 85 g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 80g (1/ 2 cup) diced dried apricots
- 70g (1/ 2 cup) pecans, coarsely chopped
- 125 g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50g (1/ 4 cup) dark choc bits
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl. Add the oats, coconut, apricot and pecans and stir until well combined. Make a well in the centre.
2. Whisk together the melted butter, eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
3. Use your hands to roll heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place balls, 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Press 3 choc bits into each ball, then flatten slightly until about 6cm round.
4. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and set aside to cool completely.