I used the following fillings in one or more of the little rolls:
- Red Onion Relish
- Sundried tomatoes
- Sundried tomatoes & grated parmesan
- Vintage cheddar cheese & quince paste
- Almond, cashew & peanut butter
- Fig & orange jam
- Lindt Intense Orange Chocolate
- Ham & cheese
- Mini easter eggs
- Shredded roast meat & gravy
- Finely diced vegetables & mince (a la pasty filling)
- Savoury mince
- Spinach & ricotta
- Salami, sundried tomato & cheese
- Finely diced/shredded apple, roasted & chopped hazelnuts with cinnamon
- Lemon curd
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
Danube (Filled Bread)
Ingredients• 550 grams bread flour
• 250 grams milk
• 50 grams extra virgin olive oil
• 30 grams honey
• 10 grams of salt
• 2 teaspoons dry yeast
• 1 egg
• 1 egg lightly beaten, for brushing
Directions1. Place the milk in the TM bowl and warm for 2 minutes at 37ºC on speed 1. Add the oil, sugar, yeast and whole egg and mix for 10 seconds on speed 6. Add the flour and salt, mix for 2 minutes speed 7, then knead for 1 minute.
2. Let dough rise in a lightly oiled and covered bowl until it has doubled in size.
3. Divide the dough into pieces, flatten each leaving the centre thicker than the edges, fill with the filling and form a ball (slightly larger than a golf ball). Place the balls in a pan covered with parchment paper (in a flower shape, or other shapes as your imagination allows) brush with beaten egg and allow to stand for half an hour in a warm, still place (cover if necessary).
4. Brush again with egg and bake at 180ºC for about 30 minutes, making sure to cover it with aluminium foil if it is browning too quickly after just 15-20 minutes.