Tonight was a bit of a surprise chef effort, using up various left over ingredients in my fridge. The result was loved by all! I love it when that happens.
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 short cut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 10-12 semi-dried tomatoes
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 100 ml pure cream
- 2 heaped teaspoons basil pesto
- 1 spring onion, sliced (mostly the green part)
- Drizzle some olive oil into a large frypan and add the onion and garlic and fry until soft. Add the bacon and chicken and brown.
- Add the wine and allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- Add the tomatoes and cream.
- Simmer gently until sauce has thickened slightly. Add pesto, feta and spring onion and stir gently.
- Meanwhile, cook some pasta in boiling salted water. I used egg noodles, but I think the sauce is suited more to penne.