Roasted Pumpkin Quiche
- 1 quantity Shortcrust Pastry, (EDC, cream cheese or sour cream)
- 300 grams pumpkin
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 100 grams baby spinach
- 100 grams tasty cheddar cheese
- 40 grams parmesan cheese
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Make the shortcrust pastry according to directions, roll it out to line pie dish and place in the fridge to rest.
2. Cut the pumpkin into 2 cm cubes and place on a baking tray. Cut the onion into thin wedges and place on the same oven tray. Add the unpeeled garlic and spray the lot with olive oil spray. Toss the vegetables to coat. Place in a 200ºC oven and roast until tender (approximately 30 minutes). Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Turn the oven down to 180ºC.
3. Steam the spinach until tender, drain and chop finely. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, remove the pastry from the fridge, line with baking paper and fill with rice or baking weights. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. Cut the tasty cheese into cubes and place in the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 8. Remove and set aside. Cut the parmesan cheese into cubes and grate for 20 seconds on speed 10. Remove and set aside.
6. Place the butterfly in the TM bowl and add the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Once the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze each clove into the egg mixture, add the chopped spinach and half of the parmesan and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
7. Scatter the tasty cheese over the base of the pastry. Place the pumpkin and onion evenly on top of the cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on the top. Add a sprinkle of paprika if desired. Cook in the oven at 180ºC for 40 minutes or until the centre is set.
Happy Autumn Days :)