The crackers are a variation of the Basic Crackers recipe available on Forum Thermomix. Today I used raw buckwheat and no decorations (I normally roll some sesame seeds, poppy seeds or chia seeds onto the the top of the crackers). The crackers do need to be quite dry when you take them out of the oven. If they are still a little soft, they will become quite chewy and unpleasant when cool.
- 100 grams raw buckwheat
- 200 grams bakers flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 150 grams lukewarm water
1. Mill buckwheat for 30 seconds at speed 9.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and mix for 15 seconds at speed 6.
3. Set speed dial to lid closed and knead dough for 1 1/2 minutes using interval speed.
4. Take about 1/4 of the dough and roll it out between two sheets of baking paper as thinly as possible.
5. Sprinkle some of the decorating items and roll into dough using a rolling pin. Consider docking the dough with a fork or skewer to prevent it rising too much.
6. Cut cracker shapes as desired and transfer the crackers on the baking paper to an oven tray.
7. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 190ºC for 10-15mins, or until fully dried.
Herbed Yoghurt Cheese Dip
Place 500g water in TM bowl and heat on Varoma temp for 7 minutes or until water is boiling. Add garlic cloves through hole in the lid and continue cooking at Varoma temp for a further 3 1/2 minutes. Remove garlic and mash with the flat of a knife and add to yoghurt cheese. Add basil, oil and salt. Mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve with crackers and crudites.