I offered them to my husband to take to work with him to share with the boys, but he wasn't keen. Can't imagine why?!
Gingerbread BiscuitsAdapted from: AWW Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits
- 125 grams butter
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 375 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 125 ml golden syrup
- Royal Icing
- 240 grams pure icing sugar
- 1 egg white
1. Place butter, sugar and egg yolk in TM bowl. Mix for 30 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down and repeat if necessary. Weigh in remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5. Set dial to lid closed and knead for 30 seconds. Tip out onto lightly floured board or silicone mat and bring together with hands. Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick.
2. Cut gingerbread shapes from dough.
3. Place gingerbread shapes about 3cm apart on greased oven trays. Bake in moderate oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on trays. Spoon icing into piping bag fitted with a small plain tube, decorate shapes as desired.
4. Royal Icing: Wash out TM bowl. Place butterfly in TM bowl, and the egg white. Whip on speed 4 for 30 seconds. Still on speed 4, add the sifted icing sugar through the lid gradually until mixture is of a piping consistency. I used the whole amount and took another 2 minutes to add it all. Colour as desired. Keep royal icing covered with a damp cloth to prevent drying out.
Happy Valentines Day!