This is based on another of Janelle Bloom's recipes, although hers was a baked risotto. No need to dirty a casserole dish when using one's Thermomix!
Chorizo, Spinach & Lemon RisottoSource: Janelle Bloom - Fast, Fresh & Fabulous
- 4 chorizo sausage, (probably could get away with 2 or 3)
- 1 red onion, halved
- 400 grams arborio rice, rinsed
- 2-3 teaspoons chicken stock paste
- 1000-1100 grams water
- 1 bunch english spinach, shredded
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced or zested
- 50 grams parmesan cheese
1. Place cubes of parmesan into TM bowl and grate on speed 8 for 8 seconds. Set aside.
Place onion into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5.
2. Use a knife to split the sausage casings and peel each chorizo sausage. Discard casings. Place sausages, quartered, into TM bowl. Set dial to lid closed position and Turbo until chopped to desired texture (2-3 pulses). Insert butterfly and cook at 100ºC for 5 minutes on speed 1. Add the rice and cook for a further 5 minutes at 100ºC on speed 1.
3. Add water and stock paste (or you could use 1100 grams of chicken stock) and cook for 16 minutes at 100ºC on speed 1.
4. Transfer risotto to Thermoserver, add shredded spinach and lemon juice or zest and parmesan. Stir through, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
5. Serve with additional parmesan if desired.