Anyway, it's always been a standard, mid-week feast in my family and is a particular favourite on a cold winter's night on top of buttery toast. Also great in toasties/jaffles or for a potluck dinner.
Quick Spanish Beef
- 30 grams butter
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 80-100 grams rice, (arborio)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 500 grams mince
- 400g can condensed tomato soup
- 250 grams water, hot
1. Place the onion and carrot in the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the butter and rice. Cook for 3 minutes at 100ºC on speed 1.
2. Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes at Varoma temp on speed 1.
3. Add the soup and water and cook for 20 minutes at 100ºC on speed 1 + reverse.
Check that the rice is cooked through. If not, continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until rice is cooked. You may need to add a little more hot water if needed.
Happy days people :)